Sidhe’s News & Updates
I’ll start with some updates. 🙂
Jackie over at Literary Escapism has an excellent newsletter of New Covers, Interviews and general updates about the Urban Fantasy and Paranormal community. There are also a few contests and links to contests.
Anna over at Anna’s Book Blog has a great list of current contests that are going on around the blog-o-sphere!
Elie at Ellz Reads is hosting a 5 prize pack giveaway for the 12 Blogs of Christmas. She also has a wicked list of contest listings on her sidebar.
Nat over at Wicked Lil Pixie is hosting her 13 Wicked Days Of Christmas interviews and contests blowout, so be sure to head over there and read some awesome and hilarious interviews with authors such as Dakota Cassidy, Mark Henry, Nicole Peeler, Michelle Rowan, Jennifer Rardin and a bunch of amazing authors! (I totally love her graphic!) -“Because Evil Doesn’t Rest For The Holidays” may just be the best slogan I’ve read this year! LOL Only my “twin” could come up with this. 😀
Preternatural Reviews has posted his list of the Best of Paranormal & Urban Fantasy of 2009. Your suggestions for the list in the comments section are added.
My personal faves of 2009 include but are most definitely not limited to, and in no particular order are:
- Nicole Peeler – Tempest Rising
- Amanda Ashley – Immortal Sins
- Annette McCleave – Drawn Into Darkness
- Kimberly Frost – Barely Bewitched
- Chloe Neill – Friday Night Bites
- Jennifer Rardin – Bite Marks
- Jeaniene Frost – Destined For An Early Grave
- Rachel Vincent – Prey
- Gena Showalter – Lords Of The Underworld Trilogy
- Pamela Palmer – Feral Warriors Trilogy
- Diana Pharaoh Frances – Bitter Night
- Laurell K. Hamilton – Skin Trade
- Charlaine Harris – Dead And Gone
- Sherrilyn Kenyon – Bad To The Bone
- Alyssa Day – Atlantis Unleashed & Atlantis Unmasked
- Lilith Saintcrow – Flesh Circus & her Y.A. under Lili St. Crow – Betrayals
- Kelley Meding – Three Days Till Dead
- Jaye Wells – Red Headed Stepchild
- Adrian Phoenix – In The Blood
- Jeri Smith-Ready – Bad To The Bone
- Nalini Singh – Angel’s Blood
- Sandra Hill – Viking Heat
- Judi Fennell – In Over Her Head
- J.R. Ward – Lover Avenged
- Richelle Mead – Blood Promise & Thorn Queen
- Cheyenne McCray – Demons Not Included
- Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl – Beautiful Creatures
- Beth Fantaskey – Jessica’s Guide To Dating On The Dark Side
And I could be here ALL day listing more, but these books all stood out as exceptional to me this year. There are so many more that I’ve read, that are in my TBR pile waiting to be read, and that are being released soon that I can’t wait for!! I love me some books, and lots of ’em. If you don’t believe me, here’s a pic of my TBR piles, and piles… and piles. It’s ridiculous, I know, but I keep buying MORE! 😀 (The pile is actually even bigger now as this pic is a couple moths old, lol).
So what were some of your favorite books of 2009? Leave a comment!