Robert S. Sadler – Guest Blog & Giveaway
Today I have Urban Fantasy author, Robert S. Sadler, joining us at SVR to celebrate the release of his novel, Secrets Of Blood & Bone, the first in The Q Trilogy! He’s
taking over, guest blogging with a giveaway, so be sure to read all the way through to the end and lets give him a warm welcome. 🙂
So let me start off by thanking Judi for being an absolutely awesome person and fabulous reviewer. I don’t just say this because she liked my book, breaking into the literary world is extremely difficult and Sidhe Vicious Reviews is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise very cynical industry. So again, thank you!
As silly as it may sound I wrote Secrets of Blood & Bone for people who don’t really like to read. I tried to keep it simple yet exciting, constantly moving but always going somewhere. I wanted to give it a sense of intrigue without being impossible to figure out, and most importantly I wanted to write within the genre without copying someone else’s world. An action packed thrill ride full of original characters with real problems and emotions. Mix all that up with a heaping spoon full of violence and a healthy serving of sex and you have the exact recipe for the kind of book I always wanted to read.
While I have incorporated many of the creatures we have all grown to love reading about over the years, I have put my own twist on many of their origins. Vampires and shape shifters of all kinds were originally created out of hatred and jealousy as part of a master race by the Dark God Brhamoren. Humans and Ogres were both created out of love and necessity by the most caring of all the old Gods, Odgerrin. The Fey and all of Faerie where a product of petty vanity by the beautiful Lamenell, and the mountain giants known as the Jätti were a Matriarchal tribe of warriors created by one so old none know their true origins.
Alongside our usual favorites, completely new characters also grace the pages of my trilogy. The brilliant Tonttu, who manage the finances of the Vanha Rotu, mostly resemble sarcastic Keebler elves with a Napoleon complex. Skritek are the very distant relatives to the Tonttu, but where the Tonttu got the brains, the Skritek got the brawn. Try to imagine furless, reptilian Ewoks in heavy armor with sharks teeth and bad dispositions. They act as the foot soldiers to the Valdosa Skira and supply endless comic relief when they aren’t causing mayhem and destruction. Finally we have the Mazāk Tiem; “The lesser ones” are made up of any supernatural creature that doesn’t possess the appropriate lineage to find itself counted amongst the ranks of the nobility or the warrior clans. While the Valdosa Skira gives these misfits of nature the chance to attain wealth, power, and position through combat, the Vanha Rotu has relegated them to a life of servitude and slavery. Most Mazak Tiem are the product of either cross species breeding or human rape by a supernatural. Until the two societies started recruiting unaffiliated Mazak Tiem, most had no clue of their heritage and often hid out in remote locations where they could avoid civilization. Ever wonder about the snake boy, or the dog faced kid at the circus? Are they Mazak Tiem perhaps?
This is just a taste of the world that I have created. A place where monsters can be heroes and saviors can be villains, where life and death, right and wrong are so intertwined that it’s hard to tell them apart. A place where love can blossom over night and vendettas can last for millennia. This is the world that I love to write about and I sincerely hope you grow to love it as well.
Thank you Rob! Definitely an interesting introduction to the captivating world you’ve created. I know that I’m looking forward to book 2, Revelations Out Of Darkness.
Robert S. Sadler has been gracious enough to supply an autographed copy of Secrets Of Blood & Bone, book one in The Q Trilogy to giveaway to one of my readers! Contest is open to Everyone.
Ask Robert a question about the book, about writing, or about the paranormal elements he discusses in his guest post! Robert will be popping in to respond to questions and comments.
For one entry: Please leave a comment with the answer to the question. (+1 entry)
For extra entries:
- Subscribe to my blog, Sidhe Vicious Reviews, through the links at the top right hand side of the blog, and let me know in your comment. Be sure you verify your subscription through the email you’ll receive or it won’t count. (+1 entry)
- If you’re already subscribed, you’ll receive two extra entries, but be sure to let me know in the comments if you’re an old follower. (+2 entries)
- Post a link to this contest on your Twitter, FaceBook, MySpace, GoodReads, LibraryThing, or on your blog and send me the link either in the comments or by email and you’ll get an extra entry for each place you add a link to. ( add 1 entry each for however many links you’ve done)
- Follow me on Twitter, Add me as a friend on FaceBook, GoodReads, MySpace, Chapters Community or LibraryThing. (add 1 entry each for however many places you followed/friended me)
- Contest is open to Everyone and will run through September 16th until 11:59pm. The winners will be posted here on September 17th.
- Please leave your email addy in your comment for me to contact you if you’ve won, but post it like wilmaflinstone(at)boomshakalaka(dot)com so you don’t get any spam. If I haven’t heard back from the winner in 7 days, a new winner will be drawn from the eligible comments. Winners will be chosen by a random number generator. Good Luck everyone!
(I should also mention that if you’re leaving me a bunch of links in your comment, do not panic if it doesn’t show up right away. It just automatically gets held for me to moderate, which I will as soon as I’m online. If possible, could you post all your links in the same comment. It’s easier for me to keep track of entries. )