J.K. Beck – Guest Blog & Giveaway
I am really excited to have author J.K. Beck here today guest blogging! The first book in her new Shadow Keepers Series, When Blood Calls is in stores now, with the next book, When Pleasure Rules, due to hit shelves on September 28th, 2010. You can read my review of When Blood Calls HERE. Let’s give J.K. a warm welcome because a) she’s awesome, b) I’m convinced she can leap tall buildings in a single bound because she had to practically bend over backwards to get me this post in time right smack dab in the middle of a chaotic move and c) shhh, don’t tell but she’s a best selling author also known as Julie Kenner! Oh yeah, and she’s also giving one lucky commenter a copy of When Pleasure Rules. 😀
J.K. – What would you do if you could slip into someone’s head and get their thoughts? Would you be tempted to use the information for blackmail? To win in the stock market? To make life better for yourself and those you care about?
And what if taking that information could cause harm to another?
It’s an interesting dilemma, and it’s what Lissa, the heroine in my second Shadow Keepers book, is faced with. In WHEN PLEASURE RULES, we meet Lissa, a succubus with a secret skill—when she takes a bit of soul, she also takes thoughts. It’s a skill she’s had throughout all her lives, though she has little memory of the past lives. In this life, she’s used the skill to gain entrance into men’s heads in order to use that information in her quest to rescue the girls she protects from harsh masters. But when the PEC learns of her unique—and illegal—talent, they decide to make the most of it, setting her up as a confidential informant to take information from a werewolf, Rand, who’s recently come to town…and may be behind a series of brutal murders.
The idea of a woman who could get into the heads of men was interesting enough—couple that with Lissa being forced to do it in order to save herself and the women she protects, and it made for a fabulously fun story to write, especially when Rand, dark and dangerous himself, was tossed into the equation.
As you can probably tell, the Shadow Keepers books are set in a paranormal world. Specifically, the books are centered around a paranormal judicial system charged with the investigation and prosecution of crimes committed by the shadow beings.
I’ve had a lot of fun with the books, and with the characters and creatures that inhabit them—vampires, werewolves, daemons, succubi and more!
You can find excerpts, enter contests, or just poke around at the series website, www.theshadowkeepers.com, read my blog at www.jkbeck.com, or see the series book trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KZ2Dv1TSi4 And be sure to friend me on Facebook (www.facebook.com/authorjkbeck) and follow me on Twitter (www.twitter.com/jkbeck)!
Leave a comment to be entered to win a copy of When Pleasure Rules! Talk about anything, or tell us what you’d do if you could poke around in someone’s head!
Thanks J.K.! I know that I’ll be rushing out to grab a copy of When Pleasure Rules as soon as it hits shelves. 🙂
J.K. Beck has been gracious enough to supply an autographed copy of When Pleasure Rules, book 2 in the Shadow Keepers series to giveaway to one of my readers! Contest is open to Everyone.
For one entry: Please leave a comment with the answer to the question. (+1 entry)
For extra entries:
- Subscribe to my blog, Sidhe Vicious Reviews, through the links at the top right hand side of the blog, and let me know in your comment. Be sure you verify your subscription through the email you’ll receive or it won’t count. (+1 entry)
- If you’re already subscribed, you’ll receive two extra entries, but be sure to let me know in the comments if you’re an old follower. (+2 entries)
- Post a link to this contest on your Twitter, FaceBook, MySpace, GoodReads, LibraryThing, or on your blog and send me the link either in the comments or by email and you’ll get an extra entry for each place you add a link to. ( add 1 entry each for however many links you’ve done)
- Follow me on Twitter, Add me as a friend on FaceBook, GoodReads, MySpace, Chapters Community or LibraryThing. (add 1 entry each for however many places you followed/friended me)
- Follow J.K. Beck on Twitter or FaceBook (add +1 for each)
- Contest is open to Everyone and will run through October 3rd until 11:59pm. The winners will be posted here on October 4th.
- Please leave your email addy in your comment for me to contact you if you’ve won, but post it like wilmaflinstone(at)boomshakalaka(dot)com so you don’t get any spam. If I haven’t heard back from the winner in 7 days, a new winner will be drawn from the eligible comments. Winners will be chosen by a random number generator. Good Luck everyone!
Please leave your links in one comment if possible. Thanks!