SVR – New Reviewer
Woo Hoo! I’m adding another new reviewer to the blog and thought I’d do a quick interview with her so that you all could get to know Midnightloon a bit. So without further adieu, here’s our interview.
1) Hi Midnightloon, welcome to my virtual lair! We’ll start off with why you’re interested in joining the blog-o-sphere to write reviews?
Well for many years, blogs have helped me find many great books that I wouldn’t have found
otherwise. I decided that I want to share my thoughts with others who love reading to help them. The price of books are always increasing and knowing others thoughts can affect the purchase and help a reader find an enjoyable book.
2) So you’re a bookaholic just like me, this is great! What are your favorite genres to read?
Yes, a bookaholic is what I am. I was tripping over so many books I moved most to the garage so I could use that space to buy more :P. My favorite genres are paranormal romance, urban fantasy, a little young adult and some manga (when I want to look at pictures.)
3) Do you have one favorite author, or a whole bunch of them like me? Can you tell us a few?
Ooh, tough one. I like a bunch and waiting 6 months to a year for their books is sometimes hard. Let me see a few of my favorites are, Nalini Singh, Michelle Rowen, C.T. Adams, Rachel Caine, Charlaine Harris, Ilona Andrews and Carrie Vaughn.
4) I started blogging & reviewing the books I love to read because I don’t really have anyone here in the city I live in to discuss them with, is it the same for you?
There are two different people who I sometimes talk to. Both work for the Indigo in town and when I go in and start talking to either of them, time flies. I feel like I’m taking them away from other costumers and their jobs, even though one of them is the manager.
5) Tell us a bit about yourself. Likes? Dislikes? Hobbies?
In September, I’ll be going for my accounting technology course. For the last year I’ve been recovering from having kidney surgery, so I’m kinda going stir-crazy. My hobbies are mostly reading, the computer (facebook junky) and travelling when I’m well. My likes include watching hockey (Go Bruins!!), walking, new books 😄 and cooking. My dislikes are having to watch what I eat, while someone else eats what I want. When books are reprinted and they come out with a new cover 😡 (How am I supposed to remember if I already read it?) And last but not least, when people judge others with invisible illnesses to standards they cannot meet. 😀 Are those random enough answers?
6) If you could be any one supernatural creature, what would you be? If you could have any one power, what would it be?
If I could be a supernatural creature, I’d want to be a powerful witch. If I could have any one power, I’d want the power to absorb other people powers to use them, like that guy on Heroes.
7) If you were stranded on an island, what five books would you must have there with you to keep you from going insane?
The first book I’d want would be one on how to survive on said island (travel guide maybe). The rest would be Pride and Prejudice, and Nalini Singh “Guild Hunter” series.
8.) If you met someone who was just getting into reading our genres of choice, which one book from each genre would you recommend? Urban Fantasy? Paranormal Romance? Young Adult? Fantasy? Historical Romance? (Or if one book is too hard to pick, you can go with an author from each genre)
Urban Fantasy: Rachel Caine (Weather Warden Series), Paranormal Romance: Nalini Singh, Young Adult: L.J. Smith, Fantasy: Anne Bishop, Historical Romance: Jane Feather.
9) What’s your favorite movie that was done as a book adaptation? IE: Harry Potter, Twilight, Percy Jackson
& The Lightning Thief, Lord Of The Rings, The Pirates Of The Caribbean, etc
I never read the book but I really enjoyed The Pirates Of The Caribbean movies. Then again maybe I just liked them because of the eye candy in them (Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom) 😛
10) If you could sit down and have a coffee with any author of your choice, living or dead, who would you choose?
I would pick L.J Smith. I’ve been wondering what happened to the last book in “Nightworld” series, “Strange Fate” it’s been promised since 1998 and it’s still not even started from what I hear.
Well, there you have it boys and girls. Our new reviewer, Midnightloon! =) Please give her a warm welcome and if you have any questions for her feel free to ask away in the comments.